Live the adventure, honor the legend aboard the longest-serving aircraft carrier in U.S. Navy history--a 47 year odyssey that spanned the end of WWII and the liberation of Kuwait in 1991!
Located downtown in San Diego at Navy Pier, Midway provides a dynamic and enriching experience "from boiler to bridge." A visit to Midway instills a greater appreciation for courage, freedom, and service to country.
Self-guided audio tour with admission to 60 exhibits including 24 restored aircraft
Self-guided audio tour features Midway veterans who lived or worked in the spaces you'll visit Interactive, story-telling docents, many of them Midway veterans
- Handicapped elevator from Navy Pier to the hangar deck,
- second deck and flight deck
- Handicapped parking on Navy Pier
- Plenty of parking on Navy Pier
- 60 exhibits and displays
Access to engineering, mess deck, berthing spaces, foc's'le, hangar deck, officers country, flight deck and the island superstructure
Three types of optional flight simulators
24 restored aircraft, with more on the way
Virtual video tour of access-limited spaces
Loaner wheel chairs
Visitor information center
The USS Midway Museum is conveniently located alongside Navy Pier on the Embarcadero in downtown San Diego. Public transit, including Amtrak, is three blocks away. The cruise ship terminal is within easy walking distance. There is parking on Navy Pier (subject to construction) and at nearby lots. Street metered parking is also available throughout the area.
Tips & Suggestions
A visit to the USS Midway on San Diego Bay in the heart of ?America?s Finest City? is exhilarating.
- Public transportation is encouraged: train and trolley stops are only three blocks from Midway at the Santa Fe Depot
- Be prepared to climb some stairs and ladders during your visit to Midway
- Wear comfortable shoes, suitable for stairs and ladders
- A light jacket is recommended due to winds on the Flight Deck
- No large parcels allowed on board, only modest diaper bags and camera bags
- Stroller parking is available at the museum entrance
- Midway is a non-smoking ship
- Sunscreen is a good idea in sunny San Diego
- The (gift) Jet Shop on board sells film, clothing, souvenirs, and memorabilia
- The Fantail Caf? is open during regular museum hours serving snacks, salads, sandwiches and beverages
Port Parking on Navy Pier -
$5 up to 1 hour
$7 for up to 4 hours
$10 for up to 10 hours
$12 for up to 12 hours
Metered Parking - limited along N. Harbor Drive and Pacific Coast Highway at a rate of 25? for 12 minutes, with most meters having a 2 hour limit.
Large Vehicle Parking - Buses can drop groups off at our ticket office, but cannot stage on Navy Pier. Vehicles over 18' long are not allowed to park on Navy Pier. The closest large vehicle parking is in metered spaces along Pacific Coast Highway.
The Midway Museum is open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. Ticket booth closes at 4 p.m. to allow guests time to enjoy Midway prior to closing.
General Admission - Click here to buy tickets online
>> $15 Adults
>> $10 Seniors (62+), Students (with valid ID), and Military (with valid ID)
>> $8 Youth (ages 6-17)
>> Children 5 and under and active duty in uniform are free.
Admission includes a self-guided audio tour.
Tickets are available for purchase at the Midway ticket office from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on the day of your visit. The Midway ticket office accepts cash, Visa, MasterCard, and travelers' checks.
Groups of 15 or more may qualify for group rates of $13 per person. Reservations must be made in advance through the Group Sales Department. For more information, please call (619) 398-8252.