San diego desi Welcome Guest, please Sign in or Register
Home  |  Classifieds  |  Events  |  Discussions  |  Yellow Pages  |  Things to do  |  Articles  |  San Diego Desi Facebook page >>
Fancy Stop
 Discussions Home
 Family (1317)
 Fun (698)
 Health (90)
 Money/Markets (20)
 Movies (33)
 Other/General (1428)
 Philosophy (6)
 Politics (1)
 Programming (14)
 Shopping (39)
 Sports (157)
 Students (134)
 Technology (35)
 Travel (89)
 Women (425)

San Diego Desi  »  Discussion Board
Apartments / Indian Community At Zip Code 92130
Category posted in Family
Posted by: balajipost
reply to this topicpost a new topic
  balajipost wrote on 2014-09-12 10:18:54
Hi,
I am moving to San Diego with my family around Dec-Jan. I have two children who would have to be admitted to 3rd and 4th grades. While scouting for schools I found that area with zip code 92130 has some highly rated schools. So, I wanted to understand the following.

1) Apartments / neighbourhoods in this zip code where there is significant Indian community presence
2) How does this area compare against other areas with Indian community in terms of cost of living, quality of schools, crime rate etc.,

Thanks in advance for all responses.

Regards,
Balaji

Sharma wrote on 2014-09-12 12:14:20
Hello! I have moved to San Diego from Boston just couple of weeks ago and I have a daughter who just started 3rd grade as well. We are now living in 92130 area. Schools in this area are as you mentioned really good, so no matter which apartment complex you choose you are assured of a good school system. Depending on how much living area you need you have the option of looking into either apartments or town homes. The apartment complex which has maximum number of Indians is The Club. I have also heard that Del Mar Villas has lot of Indians as well. However they are both apartments.
We are living in town home in Elysian which is little more spacious but unfortunately does not have too many Indians. However, there are plenty of kids. There are also lot of parks, library, grocery and community center within walking distance. All places are similarly priced in rent. Poway has good schools and has more value for money in terms of rental space and Indians but you may have to pick and choose where you live because not all schools are great. Hope this helps.
Good luck!

balajipost wrote on 2014-09-13 07:51:47
@Sharma, thanks so much for providing detailed information.

I did some research on apartments in the area, rents, reviews, square footage etc., Torrey Hills apartments on W.Ocean Drive seem to have nice reviews and a reasonable area / rent ratio.

Do many Indians living in this apartment complex? Can you share your opinion on your living experience?

Sharma wrote on 2014-09-13 09:57:39
Unfortunately I am not familiar with Torrey Hills apartment. While looking for a house the biggest challenge we faced was trying to find a place which was in close proximity to school. Most schools do not have school buses. This unfortunately narrows down the choices significantly.My email is sharma1471@gmail.com, in case you have any further questions.

Reply to this topic below