San diego desi Welcome Guest, please Sign in or Register
Home  |  Classifieds  |  Events  |  Discussions  |  Yellow Pages  |  Things to do  |  Articles  |  San Diego Desi Facebook page >>
Fancy Stop
 Discussions Home
 Family (1317)
 Fun (698)
 Health (90)
 Money/Markets (20)
 Movies (33)
 Other/General (1428)
 Philosophy (6)
 Politics (1)
 Programming (14)
 Shopping (39)
 Sports (157)
 Students (134)
 Technology (35)
 Travel (89)
 Women (425)

San Diego Desi  »  Discussion Board
Buying A House... Need Help
Category posted in Other/General
Posted by: powerpuffgirls
reply to this topicpost a new topic
  powerpuffgirls wrote on 2013-07-22 21:47:39
Hello People...

I am planning to buy a house in San Diego. I live in MiraMesa currently. I am quite naive about the home buying process here. Need help and feedbacks and recommendations from everyone who has or is planning to buy a home. Which would be the best neighbourhoods to buy a home - based on both schools and pricing and safety and house types (i mean old homes vs new homes)...
What are the best lending institutions? And what all things needed to be tied down before jumping onto the process?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

psanigepalli wrote on 2013-07-22 23:44:28
Good areas in terms of schools are
Carmel Valley
Scripps Ranch
Rancho Penasquitos
4S Ranch
Delsur
Carmel mountain Ranch
Rancho Bernardo

Best way is to use redfin and setup alerts for these zip codes for areas above. Also setup your price range, preferences etc and you will get daily alerts on new properties.

review the properties daily with your family and arrange to see them with a good realtor.

In terms of getting a good rate on mortgage, Noah Sharifi is a good mortgage broker and he can find you good rate.

Getting preapproval for an amount, having some money to pay 20% or 3.5 % downpayment + Closing costs money in an account, getting a good realtor (Prasheela Sharma, Purvi Shah are some good realtors) are important.

If you need any help, send me an email psanigepalli@yahoo.com. I recently bought an house and I know it's quite frustrating.

All the best.

powerpuffgirls wrote on 2013-07-25 19:12:44
Your Email id doesnt seem to work. My email bounces back. Can you please send me your email address again?

psanigepalli wrote on 2013-07-25 19:19:32
sorry. it's psanigepalli@gmail.com

Reply to this topic below