| Rads_17 wrote on 2013-05-06 15:19:41|
|My husband is moving to San Diego next week. I needed to be sure of what all can be carried along in the check in bag?
1. Are kitchen utensils (such as Pressure cooker, knife, forks, spoons) allowed?
2. I heard somewhere that seeds are not allowed. That means mustard seeds/rajma are all prohibited? are pulses and rice ok? And what about Powdered spices?
3. Are medicines without prescriptions ok?
Any other item which a strict no no?
| deltaxenon wrote on 2013-05-06 17:33:48|
1. You can pack cutlery in your checked-in baggage. There is no point bringing electrical appliances like a pressure cooker, as they won't be compatible with US electrical outlets.
2. Spices, pulses and rice are available at American and Indian grocery stores. There is no point packing them. If packed, he will have to declare at Customs, and they might get confiscated.
3. Medicines without prescriptions should be okay as long as they are not controlled substances.
4. Toiletries in cream and liquid form over 100ml should not be in carry-on bags but should be packed in the checked-in baggage.
For the full list of prohibited items, tell your husband to read the policies of his airline.
| Rads_17 wrote on 2013-05-08 13:48:20|
|Thanks Aruna. That was indeed helpful.
I was curious about one more thing.
Are ready to cook eatables like MTR's ready to cook and maggi noodles etc OK to be carried in check in baggage?
And I was talking about the routine medicines only such as paracetamol. I think thy should be ok, right.
| deltaxenon wrote on 2013-05-08 16:35:58|
The ready to eat food packets are probably alright but still subject to declaration at Customs. The risk is if your husband doesn't declare them, and his luggage is selected for inspection and these undeclared food packets are found, then there could be a penalty.
Over the counter medicines like Paracetamol are okay.
| Reply to this topic below |
Please Login to reply to this topic
Do you want to start a new topic instead?!
Please review your post below submitting. Once submitted it cannot be edited.