San diego desi Welcome Guest, please Sign in or Register
Home  |  Classifieds  |  Events  |  Discussions  |  Yellow Pages  |  Things to do  |  Articles  |  San Diego Desi Facebook page >>
Fancy Stop
 Discussions Home
 Family (1317)
 Fun (698)
 Health (90)
 Money/Markets (20)
 Movies (33)
 Other/General (1428)
 Philosophy (6)
 Politics (1)
 Programming (14)
 Shopping (39)
 Sports (157)
 Students (134)
 Technology (35)
 Travel (89)
 Women (425)

San Diego Desi  »  Discussion Board
To All Tamilians In Sd
Category posted in Other/General
Posted by: tamil meetup
reply to this topicpost a new topic
  tamil meetup wrote on 2013-03-05 16:56:21
Hi,

we moved recently.have a 4yr old kid. I am from CBE. I am looking to make new friends to hang out with. so i created new meetup group called "San Diego Tamil Group". If you are interested, plz do join..we can make plans for potlucks, familly meet ups and simple hikes..

here is the link.. http://www.meetup.com/Sandiego_Tamilgroup/

Regards.

Prat29 wrote on 2013-03-05 21:35:52
Not sure, despite being away from the home country how long we will be fragmented into different regions?
Such niche groups automatically set the eligibility criteria and no entry board to others which is very disheartening.
Hopefully some day we will be able to expand our thinking and be more welcoming to Indians as a whole rather than being regional.

Ind1 wrote on 2013-03-05 22:02:17
Prat29, I second your opinion! Time and again we have been taken advantage of, due to this divided attitude. It is now time, that we forget we are from which state, or speak what language and become INDIANS. I hope atleast after coming here to the US, thousands of miles away from our country...the attitude changes.

tamil meetup wrote on 2013-03-06 00:02:42
hi all,
sorry, i didnt mean that...I wanted my kid to speak tamil with others....she forgot tamil....so i created like that...
you people are always welcome..this group is for indians especially for desi moms...no criteria for this group...

saithara wrote on 2013-03-06 12:15:52
Hey Preetham, I kinda agree with u though, but my answer would be not to care abt those "niche groups" and try to join hands with positive atitute ppl...
And one more thing, the biggest disheartening situation we face got to be leaving our loved one back in India and not here. I have know many tamilians and other region ppl and trust me there is nothing to with regions, its jus every individuals mindset and attitute it all matters. But thank god i have positive and fun loving ppl around me in san diego...

sheelasam818@yahoo.com wrote on 2013-03-06 14:58:57
let us all desi's join hands of friendship and be happy and spread happiness ,let us forget all bitterness and be sweet and distribute our sweetness to one another we are so far away form our family in India but we can cheer and spread happiness to one another here. So please all desi of any religion, state or age please join and have fun. If I am wrong and have hurt anyone's feeling here then plz forgive it was not intentionally. I just want us to be one .

ak1984 wrote on 2013-03-07 09:53:14
Hi,
I'm new to San Diego. Looking for a single bedroom apartment. My office is at Balboa avenue. I need to know which apartment our Indians are living. Also my budget is low..Please help me to find one..thanks in advance. my # is 6104009029.

Reply to this topic below