San diego desi Welcome Guest, please Sign in or Register
Home  |  Classifieds  |  Events  |  Discussions  |  Yellow Pages  |  Things to do  |  Articles  |  San Diego Desi Facebook page >>
Fancy Stop
 Discussions Home
 Family (1317)
 Fun (698)
 Health (90)
 Money/Markets (20)
 Movies (33)
 Other/General (1428)
 Philosophy (6)
 Politics (1)
 Programming (14)
 Shopping (39)
 Sports (157)
 Students (134)
 Technology (35)
 Travel (89)
 Women (425)

San Diego Desi  »  Discussion Board
Good Indian Neighbourhood And School District
Category posted in Family
Posted by: hima
reply to this topicpost a new topic
  hima wrote on 2012-12-09 12:18:51
Hi,

We have to move to San Deigo either by this month end or in the begining of the new year..

I am looking for a good Indian neighbourhood community and good school district for my kid who are in 1st and 3rd grades. I have to move from Troy School Dist. in Michigan.

Also any other info. which you can share to help me take a better decision in my moving.

Regds

sumit.juneja wrote on 2012-12-13 19:20:17
Look according to your place of work coz daily commute can be quite time consuming ........poway,Carmel valley are good school districts

hima wrote on 2012-12-14 15:48:33
Hi,

Thinking of poway schools...and talking to few apartments near high land ranch elementary. I hope there is good indian community around.

If any one has any info.. Regarding this. Pls do post.

Thanks for sharing info.

Regds
Hima

Desi1001 wrote on 2012-12-16 16:36:46
I am also moving and following this thread.
Hima, can you please share the apartments you are looking?
Old folks, appreciate if you could share apartments with high Indian densities.

Thanks,

Bijit

hima wrote on 2012-12-16 21:54:10
Hi Bijit,

As I am going by schools, I am searching for apts. close to schools on poway school district.

If that is your priority too, search the apts., by zip codes 92064,92127,92128.

Carmel summit,Carmel landing,Carmel terrace, rancho Bernardo,Bernardo crest are few to search for.

Hope this info. Is useful for your search. Do keep me updated any other info. You would get to know.

Thanks in advance.

Hima

Desi1001 wrote on 2012-12-17 08:53:46
Thanks Hima, I am also going by schools. Got a way to search directly by school, see link
http://san-diego.apartmenthomeliving.com/apartment-guide/carmel-mountain-ranch-san-diego/elementary/highland-ranch-elementary-school-apartments

Desi1001 wrote on 2012-12-18 17:29:04
Hi,

I see more than one school in each category for a particular property like Carmel Landing is having 6 elementary schools as per apartmentguide.com . How are apartments in a property linked to a particular school?

Thanks,

Bijit

hima wrote on 2012-12-18 18:20:07
Hi Bijit,

I did my apartment search basing on the closest to school.
You better select school first and do the search as they donot provide transportation.

We finalized the apartment in La Terraza apartments which is close to Westwood elementary.

If you need any further inputs leave me your number. I can call you.

Desi1001 wrote on 2012-12-19 15:17:54
Hima, Congrts!!! Wing for clearing some dependencies, hope to talk to soon.

hima wrote on 2012-12-19 17:34:41
Thanks..... Hope to enjoy CA weather....I can escape snow...

laks wrote on 2012-12-20 14:13:10
Hi, we live around this area, very decent n good amt or Indians spread around...

check Deerwood apart near Camino Del Norte (close to Rancho Bernardo and Carmel Mtn Ranch) very decent good apt, also check The Villas apartment, just next to Camino Del Norte exit on 15 ..this place is reasonably priced too...hope this helps..

Closest elementary to both will be Highland Ranch n Turtleback...

laks wrote on 2012-12-20 14:14:24
btw both fall under Poway School District

hima wrote on 2013-01-06 11:54:07
Hi,

Thanks for all the support and inputs. We are now in San Diego at Rancho Bernardo and my kids will be going to Westwood elementary soon...

Now i am here, i am hoping to meet indians.

Pls. do respond if any one lives in La Terraza apts. in Rancho Bernardo as i am now in search of activities for kids around.

Appreciate any support.

Regds
Hima

mathivenky wrote on 2013-01-09 11:17:22
Hima,

I have just started the search for apartments in San Diego. Currently commuting from Riverside looking to move here in a month or so.

Here is my email mathivenky@gmail.com if you could contact me I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Mathi

asharaj wrote on 2013-01-12 11:10:02
Hello,

We will be moving to SD in late spring. We have made a few trips and are scouting the PUSD. Specifically 4S ranch and Westwood areas. House prices seem to be one the rise. If there's anyone considering selling their property, I'd like to hear about it. Thanks and looking forward to making new friends in the area!

Asha

Gabby wrote on 2013-03-08 12:00:47

Hi! I would be moving to SD soon ... I want to know about the la terraza apartments in general and also about the Indian community. Can anyone give me some inputs pls.

Thanks,
Gabby

hima wrote on 2013-03-08 14:31:14
Hi,

I am currently in La Terraza and place is good and have lot of Indians here. Life is very active too.

regds
Hima

Gabby wrote on 2013-03-09 12:50:18
Hi, thanks for your reply Hima. That sounds good. What is you opinion about the Westwood elementary school? How is the safety factor overall in the area ?
I'm most probably gonna move in to la terraza but they don't have any units on the ground floor available right now. So I'm waiting to hear from them.

Thanks for your inputs.
Gabby

hima wrote on 2013-03-09 14:02:05
Hi Gabby,

Its just been 2months I am living here. I haven't heard anything unfavourable from Indian community here. Also WestWood school has good name and it is only now my kids are settling for the school, routine and making few friends. But here kids do get homework offline and daily online work for their learning. I feel it is good for now and it is too early to comment on it.

Good luck for your search.

Regds
Hima

vora.monika wrote on 2013-03-12 01:19:20
Hi,
We are moving to San Diego in April from India. My husband will be working in Sorrento Valley. My elder kid is in Nursery in India. We are looking for good Indian neighborhood which has good pre-schools near by. I saw La-Terraza apartments are approx 15-17 miles from my Husband's work place. Will it take more time to travel? If there are other good Indian localities, let me know.

Appreciate your help.

Regards
Monika

Gabby wrote on 2013-04-10 13:52:18
Hey Hima ,

We will be moving to la terraza in about a week . Can you please mail me or send me your no.? I have a lot of questions. My mail I.D is ethan95630@yahoo.com

Thanks,
Gabby

hima wrote on 2013-04-11 11:49:07
Hi,

Good to know that u chose La Terraza. You can reach me at bindu5277@gmail.com

Regds
Himabindu

emeraldcity wrote on 2013-04-11 14:17:01
There is an excellent program in rhythmic gymnastics close by - at Miramar College (Mira Mesa), Alliant University (Scripps Ranch) and 4S Ranch. It is an Olympic sport combining ballet, gymnastics and flexibility - for girls 4-18.

You will get a free 1 1/2 hour trial class by saying you saw the posting on sandiegodesi.com

Gabby wrote on 2013-04-25 13:31:14
Hey Hima !

I have moved to Sd . I mailed you a couple times... Don't know if you received them. Anyways, can you suggest a good pediatrician close by?

Thanks

hima wrote on 2013-04-25 15:54:46
Hai Gabby,

I did receive your mails.. but sorry couldn't respond back. Good to know u have already move.

I go to Racho Bernardo sharp Urgent care which is about 1 mile for us. There are 2 doctors there. Dr.Ou and Dr.Grencko...

I have visited the second one 2-3 times.. She is good. you can call them.

Regds
Bindu

Gabby wrote on 2013-04-26 14:53:57
Thanks Hima. Hope to meet you soon.

Reply to this topic below