San diego desi Welcome Guest, please Sign in or Register
Home  |  Classifieds  |  Events  |  Discussions  |  Yellow Pages  |  Things to do  |  Articles  |  San Diego Desi Facebook page >>
Fancy Stop
 Discussions Home
 Family (1317)
 Fun (698)
 Health (90)
 Money/Markets (20)
 Movies (33)
 Other/General (1428)
 Philosophy (6)
 Politics (1)
 Programming (14)
 Shopping (39)
 Sports (157)
 Students (134)
 Technology (35)
 Travel (89)
 Women (425)

San Diego Desi  »  Discussion Board
Coming Along
Category posted in Fun
Posted by: sd2012
reply to this topicpost a new topic
  sd2012 wrote on 2012-03-30 12:08:35
Hi all,
I am planning for some get together where we can get acquainted with each other and can have good times celebrating festivals to maintain our cultural instincts. I can see a trend where people are trying to get involved with Indians in restricted boundaries, with singles mingling with singles, couples with couples and those with kids try to group themselves with families having kids. So I want initiate a group without such boundaries, where kids can have fun times, and we all can come together and know each other as Indians.
My purpose is to have get togethers, potlucks, and to have great times in festive seasons. Anyone, enywhere in San Diego, irrespective of the area they live in, is welcome to join. I don't think distance matters if we really want to make efforts to come together. What say??
Those interested can mail me at the given id, so that we can decide for the timings and events according to majority preferences.
I live in La Jolla Crossroads, Judicial Drive 9175.
email id: g_arima04@yahoo.co.in

sdgari wrote on 2012-03-30 14:01:33
hi... pls check your mail..

rumidwibedi7 wrote on 2012-03-30 14:30:58
Hello,
I am rumi.I live in la jolla crossroads with my husband.I like your idea.would like to join your group.My email id is rumidwibedi7@gmail.com.bye.

disha1984 wrote on 2012-04-03 14:27:34
That's a great idea sd2012! We would like to join the group as well. My email id is disha1984@yahoo.com. Thanks.

sd2012 wrote on 2012-04-03 14:42:41
Hi rumi and divya,
Well good to hear from you. Rumi I even e- mailed you. Anyways, to begin with, are you guys interested in planning a get together soon? How about 14th of this month? Divya, came to know that you are expecting from older posts. Well congrates for that. I have a daughter too. So welcome to mommy's club. Hope to get positive replies from u all. Also i m receiving other mails. So i m hoping to have more people joining us. Lets see how it works and hope for the best. Cheers!!

rumidwibedi7 wrote on 2012-04-03 17:37:18
Hi garima,
i got ur email and i have replled also.Ya we could plan a get together soon.Ya 14th is fine for us.can i have ur contact no ?I can give u a call if there's no problem with u.I am not expecting now but i have taken your good wishes for my future.thanks.I am sure our plans will work out.waiting for ur reply.bye.take care.see u soon.

sd2012 wrote on 2012-04-03 21:40:39
@Rumi, Aww Sweety, that one was for Disha, I misspelled the name. Will give you exclusive wishes once you are in the same boat ;)
Well I didn't recieve your reply on my id. Will catch you up on your e-mail for rest of the plan. See ya soon..
@Disha: Best wishes to you. Sorry I misspelled your name. Catch you on your id..

disha1984 wrote on 2012-04-04 14:38:25
Hi! Thank you for your wishes Garima. 14th sounds good to us. Hope to catch up with you all soon!

deltaxenon wrote on 2012-04-04 15:10:44
SD2012, Disha, Rumi, Divya

I sent SD2012 an email. I am interested in joining you all on 14th. Please email me at deltaxenon@yahoo.com.

sd2012 wrote on 2012-04-04 16:45:53
Hi Deltaxenon,
Sorry for the inconvinience. I actually didn't receive your e-mail before. But I did get the recent one. Good to see that you are interested in joining us. I am just trying to make some efforts to know people around and create a fun loving group of enthusistic and flexible people, so that we can have fun together at times, especially during festivals. Let's see how successful it comes out. Just give me a day time and I will let you all know the exact timings. And I will follow you all on your e-mail ids.
Thanks and welcome everyone !!

wrote on 2012-04-16 20:26:28
hey i sent an email to g_arima04@yahoo.co.in
i am interested in joining the gang...
my id is c.yasmeen@gmail.com

sandesh_b1 wrote on 2012-04-21 21:08:21
This sounds great.
Please keep me posted as well.
sandesh_b1@yahoo.com

ritu de wrote on 2012-05-02 01:41:56
Sounds good to me too keep me posted
rituderitu@gmail.com

sdisthesheet wrote on 2012-06-27 17:24:22
man, y'all r couples? how can a single dude will fit in there? i m frm o'side.

Reply to this topic below