San diego desi Welcome Guest, please Sign in or Register
Home  |  Classifieds  |  Events  |  Discussions  |  Yellow Pages  |  Things to do  |  Articles  |  San Diego Desi Facebook page >>
Fancy Stop
 Discussions Home
 Family (1317)
 Fun (698)
 Health (90)
 Money/Markets (20)
 Movies (33)
 Other/General (1428)
 Philosophy (6)
 Politics (1)
 Programming (14)
 Shopping (39)
 Sports (157)
 Students (134)
 Technology (35)
 Travel (89)
 Women (425)

San Diego Desi  »  Discussion Board
New Hike:san Clemente Trestles
Category posted in Fun
Posted by: rain226
reply to this topicpost a new topic
  rain226 wrote on 2011-09-22 15:12:57
New Hike:San Clemente Trestles

Date: September 25, Sunday

Time: 8:45 AM (We will start walking at 9)

Meeting Place: Intersection of Christianitos Road and El Camino Real

Car pooling possibility: We can meet at Oceanside park and ride and go in one car. The meeting time there will be 8 AM

Details: This will be a combination of the first 10 minutes of hiking down into the canyon to come to the other side of 5, followed by another 10 minutes of paved trail which leads to the beach followed by about 1.5-2 mile walk on the beach :-) to reach the pier. At that point, we can hang out at the pier for some time or get some food or walk another half mile to san clemente downtown to get food (real cute tourist town) and then retrace our steps to come back. This should be around 5-6 miles total. I have only done it once and liked it a lot. My recommedation is we go downtown :-). It is a moderate hike but walking on sand can be tiring.

As usual, you can e-mail me at rain226@msn.com with your RSVP and/or any other questions.
Varsha

Reply to this topic below