San diego desi Welcome Guest, please Sign in or Register
Home  |  Classifieds  |  Events  |  Discussions  |  Yellow Pages  |  Things to do  |  Articles  |  San Diego Desi Facebook page >>
Fancy Stop
 Discussions Home
 Family (1317)
 Fun (698)
 Health (90)
 Money/Markets (20)
 Movies (33)
 Other/General (1428)
 Philosophy (6)
 Politics (1)
 Programming (14)
 Shopping (39)
 Sports (157)
 Students (134)
 Technology (35)
 Travel (89)
 Women (425)

San Diego Desi  »  Discussion Board
Moving to San Diego
Category posted in Family
Posted by: rajeshp
reply to this topicpost a new topic
  rajeshp wrote on 2010-09-11 09:08:44
Hi,

We are moving to San Diego in October and looking for a decent place to live. We would like to be in a good school district and around Indian families with kids.

Will appreciate your suggestions.

Thanks,
Rajesh

sandiego_future_resident wrote on 2010-09-21 17:25:50
Hi Rajesh

I am in the same boat. Moving to san diego and looking to rent a place in an area with indian community and preferrably a good school district. Do reply on this thread if you get any information.

Thanks

SweetOrange wrote on 2010-09-22 22:22:51
when we were looking to buy our house, we looked at school districts. the best ones are poway school district and north county coastal. we chose north county but i don't know of any indians living here. i am sure they are around but you don't see as many as in mira mesa area where little india is. But mira mesa doesn't have as good a school district, so you really want to come down here for a few days and check out which areas would suit you best. there are so many types of areas down here, its hard to know which ones you would be interested in.

i don't know if poway has an indian community or not. i'm sure there are indians everywhere, you just got to look for them. Plus you can always go down to little india to do shopping for indian supplies.

good luck on your search.

rajeshp wrote on 2010-09-24 10:38:56
Hi Sweet Orange & Future resident,

Thanks for your response. I am currently exploring residential areas in Scripps Ranch, Carmel Valley & Rancho Bernardo districts. These are closer to my office and also have good schools.

Incase you want more information or want to be friends, please email me at rajesh_panth@hotmail.com.

Thanks,
Rajesh

sandiego_future_resident wrote on 2010-09-27 14:45:51
Thanks SweetOrange for the info.

Rajesh,

I am also exploring mira mesa and scripps ranch. Let me know if you zero in on a property in any of these areas. I will keep you posted as well.

Also would like to be friends. Will get in touch with you once i am in san diego.

thanks

manju_gupta@sbcglobal.net wrote on 2010-09-30 20:57:39
Hi Rajesh and Sweet Orange

I can understand the mix feelings that you are going through. I will be more than happy to help you. I am a Realtor and can guide you through these bunch of questions that you have regarding school districts, homes, community, Indian friends not only as a Realtor but as being Desi.

Manju Gupta
858-947-8490

batchu76 wrote on 2010-10-16 16:36:44
Dear Friends, I will be moving to SD next month from LA area. I was looking at POWAY USD schools. I know Chaparral Elementary is probably one of the best, but I am not able to find a good place within its boundary on the web, which is at the intersection of Pomerado and Espola Rd. There was a community called OAK North in the Chaparral elementary boundary, but it seemed like a 55+ condo community. Not sure if it is right for me. Other than that there were not too many choices there at least on the web.

However, I am open to other schools just as good with a good Indian community, like families with young kids etc. I am looking to rent at least a 2 or 3 bed 2 bath. Does anyone know where the indian kids go to school mostly in the POWAY USD?

I will be working in Chula Vista. So I need to find a place quick before mid of next month in a good school boundary, and preferably with a decent Indian community. Also looking to connect with young families to socialize and have kiddo activities etc.

Any suggestions are much appreciated,
Regards,
Surya.

sandiego_future_resident wrote on 2011-01-11 19:30:49
Hi Rajesh

We moved in the mira mesa area. How about you? Have you moved to san diego?

rajeshp wrote on 2011-01-14 17:37:42
Yes, I am in Scripps Ranch area. Send me a mail at rajesh_panth@hotmail.com and we can meet up.

Regards,
Rajesh

desifamily wrote on 2011-08-20 23:22:23
@sweetorange, @rajeshp, @sandiego_future_resident et al

we are exactly in the same boat as you were; we will be moving to the SD area early September 2011. Would you mind sharing your experiences and/or recommendations.

Our background: we are moving soon, looking for a decent place, have a 5 year old and would like to be in a good school district around Indian families

Warm regards

tejvirdi wrote on 2011-09-14 16:13:15
Hi everybody, my name is Tejinder. I am a realtor here in San Diego. If you guys need any help in relocation let me know. My website is www.tejvirdi.com and my phone no. is (858) 354-0629. Thanks

rushit_patel wrote on 2011-10-30 11:53:54
Hello Friends,

I am moving to San Diego in Jan 2012. So can guys Suggest me some Gud Apartments and neighborhoods ?

Basically I am Moving from New York. So I also Want to know about Public transportation in san diego...?

Desiritu wrote on 2017-04-04 10:57:02
Hi batchu76.

I know its an old thread but would you like to inform me about best elementary schools in sd.i will be moving to san Diego this may.i have a 4 yrs old son

Reply to this topic below